I thought that for this post I would recap the previous postings and lay out the entire process in one posting. I hope that it will help you find the posts that you need.
I started writing this because I have had dramatic and visible results in losing weight and everyone who knows me was asking me how I did it. After I had repeated the story a half dozen or so times, I decided to just put up a blog, so here it is.
I had to lose 60 pounds because I could no longer stand to look at myself in the mirror. In my entire life I have never been fat. I never struggled with my weight and frankly, I never thought that I would have to do so. Yet, over the past 13 years I have slowly gained weight until I weighed an incredible 255 pounds. That is 61 pounds higher than the Body Mass Index charts say that I should weigh for my height! So, on February 1st, 2008 I set a goal to be at 195 pounds by Christmas Day of 2008. I hit that goal in late October of 2008, two months early. This blog tells the story of how that happened. Follow the steps below and you might have the same success.
- To start, it’s always best to “begin at the beginning” Said by the King to the White Rabbit from Lewis Carroll’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. Go here to learn about how I began at the beginning And how you might, too! http://livethinblog.com/begin-at-the-beginning/
- Next I had to know what the calorie value of what I was eating was worth, and so do you! http://livethinblog.com/calculating-calorie-intake/
- Then I had to figure out how many calories I needed to limit myself to lose weight, keeping in mind that you only lose weight when you burn more calories than you consume.
- Once I knew how much I could eat, I had to determine what foods would give me what I needed and when I could eat them. http://livethinblog.com/the-eating-plan-for-weight-loss/
- Supplements can play a major role for you as they did for me.
- Snacking can seriously derail you or be a major part of your success. Learn how I harnessed snacking. http://livethinblog.com/beating-hunger-pangs-before-they-beat-you/
- Here is what I did to harness lunch time. http://livethinblog.com/want-to-go-to-lunch/
- Dinners out are a fact of life for many of us.
- Water is so important to weight loss. Who knew?
- Eating while on vacation had two posts http://livethinblog.com/living-thin-while-on-vacation// and http://livethinblog.com/pig-headded-stuborness/
I hope that this has been helpful to you on your journey to lose weight. I would like to hear from you about your successes and challenges and I will publish your comments so that we can help others.